Hello new website, new year and first blog post of 2020!
I spent a majority of my time last year ruminating on why I felt stuck in place both personally and career-wise. While I can’t say I’ve completely figured out why, I can say I have more insight into my current wants and dreams. This list was created with some of those things in mind.
This is a New Year’s tradition that my partner and I just started doing last year. I managed to complete about 80% of my list from 2019, so hopefully I can do even better this year. Or not. I just love to-do lists, so it made sense to make a year-long one for myself, too.
- Go to Magnolia Bakery in NYC (NYC trip planned in June)
- Try Chinese hot pot
- Find an Afghan market in LA
- Make bread
- Get two tattoos
- Try paddle boarding
- Aim to get additional movement twice a week
- Go “glamping” for a weekend (Big Bear?)
- Take Noodles to a dog beach
- Write four technical blog posts
- Attend four local meet ups
- Go to a SoCal beerfest
- Set up ideal work desk (chair, monitor, mouse, desk pad, mechanical keyboard, etc)
- Go remote full time
- Decorate wall space above bed
- Pay off credit cards
- Read at least six books (low, I know, but last year didn’t involve a lot of consistent reading)
I’ll do a recap post early 2021 to document how well I did.
Tagged #life, #career, #nontechnical.